Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's Josh's birthday!!

Today is Josh's birthday! He's 29.   I think we came to a realization tonight at what a difference children make in our world.  And in a good way.  I got to get my nails done with my cousin this afternoon, which was really fun.  My first time ever getting my nails done.  Then I dropped off a boat load of clothes from the garage sale that didn't sell at MRCI.  On my way home, Josh called, he was at home and suggested going out to eat for his birthday.
"I didn't even think of that," I said. "We don't even have to get a baby-sitter!!"  What a weird feeling.  We are so comfortable and so in the routine of not going out places because we have children and because it entails getting a babysitter.  Maybe I'm being all contemplative because after we went to the Olive Garden to eat (yes! yum!) we went to see "Date Night" at the cheap theater in Mankato.  Our wonderful waitress told us about it and even suggested seeing "Date Night".  We took her recommendation and loved it! The movie touches a little on how married couples get in a routine and get boring.  Why?  I guess I know it's kind of just how life is, but why?  I say fight it!!
We have been through quite a bit in the last year and a half and I am so glad that we are spending another birthday together.  Happy Birthday Josh!!