Sunday, January 31, 2010

You are God's Delight


Lately I have been going through a personal bible study called, "Being Yourself".  The first section is called "You are God's Delight".  I loved being reminded of this.   Sometimes I forget that God made me just who I am.  That he already knows everything about me and everything that will happen to me.  One main passage from this section is Zephaniah 3:17, "The Lord Your God is with you; He is mighty to save; He will take great delight in you; He will quiet you with His love; He will rejoice over you with singing."  For me this is just such a great reminder of how much God loves us.  It was so calming to read again that God is with me; He has saved me and he takes delight in me.  Sometimes I get so nervous wondering what people think of me that it was just so comforting to hear that God takes delight in ME.  Our God who made the whole world, who takes care of so many people, and who is everywhere all at once.  He planned the whole world, he made everything living creature down to the smallest insect.  He knows everything, everyone, and cares about each person, animal, and thing down to the most insignificant.  I just cannot fathom that such a God would care about me, especially since I have messed up so many times; but he does, and he cares about YOU too.