Tuesday, February 9, 2010

May

So I made up for only taking one picture in April in May.  ha!  Just to warn you this could be long.  First we loved Tulip Festival in Pella.  They held a Kid Fun Run the evening before their 5k race.  Jason was so excited to get to run.

And they're off!!! 
Only Jason tried to go too fast and ended up falling....
Dad got to carry him the rest of the way
Jason and Mia love to read.  We easily spend an hour reading books after lunch.  I cannot wait until Jason can really read to Mia.
The next day Jason, Mia, and I went back to the Tulip Festival and had fun with the children's area they set up.  
We also travelled back to Fairmont, MN, where we lived for 3 years.  It was fun to hang out at our old playground we spent so much time playing on with Jason and Mia.
My sister Rachel was with us and had a great time going down the slide.
Jason practically grew up in this swing.  
They love to pick up the rocks and put them on the slide.

While my sister was staying with us we also tried to get out on the bike trail.  I am really missing all our summer spots; and mostly the warm summer weather.
Walking with aunt Rachel
My little ones and me
 Josh and I went to Knoxville raceway to cheer on his uncle. So, what is missing in this picture?  I'll give you a hint:  my sunglasses.  I don't know why I didn't bring them, but I was wishing I did. :) Although the sun felt wonderful.  All the ladies that came: Josh's aunt, cousin, sister, and mom, and me.  His other aunt was down on the racetrack.
Squinting from the warm sun
May is also when our niece turned one.  Jason liked holding her.  Now I don't know if she would sit long enough.
My brother built this wonderfully huge sandbox in their yard and we could hardly get them out of it to have a piece of cake.
My sister-in-law and her mother.  Emma digging into her cake.

Wasn't May busy???  Off to Adventureland.....
Josh's mom trying to get a picture of the girls running.... :)
Jason was so excited to ride this froggy ride!!!

Tired but happy from a long day of riding fun rides!