Sunday, November 2, 2008

Toddler Fun

So I have begun the wonderous adventure of potty training with Mia.  She likes to sit on the potty and hates having her diaper put on, so I thought okay, let's do this.  Then we ran out of diapers and the question always pops into my head, "Do I get more diapers or just try doing training pants?"  Well, this time I thought, she's been doing really good during the mornings at staying dry and I thought, 'If you're going to do it, just do it.  Don't just do it half way.'  So I got more training pants, no diapers.  The first day she stayed dry during her nap!  I was so excited!!  Then bedtime came and I was nervous.  I was completely prepared for everything to be wet in the morning.  In the morning when she got up, we went potty right away, she was dry!! I could not believe it!  
'This is very encouraging', I thought.  Then everything started to go wrong.  She was just wetting all the time.  And she pooped.  (I lift my hat to all the mothers who have potty trained children, or used cloth diapers, I just have to say.)  When I start getting a whiff, my stomach just drops.  And I was just about to take her.  I knew she went after lunch and I'm just waiting for the right moment, because I don't want to take her too soon, but if I miss it..........and I missed it.  It wasn't too bad, thankfully.  I thought to myself, 'I can do this.'  We had a few more wets, I was putting plastic pants on her by then because we were getting down to the last couple pairs of pants.  She pooped again.  This time,  oh...my.  Thankfully the plastic pants were on.  We had made a run to the library and she just reeked.  When I came home, wow!   You can guess where we went right after that.........Wal-mart..............for diapers.
The problem is that now she doesn't seem to want to go potty at all.  I probably ruined it by doing so much all at once.  She refuses to sit on the potty and of course wants to have a diaper on instead.  I am kind of laying off for a couple days, but I am a touch worried that she is not going to be as cooperative now.